VEGGIE DIRTY RICE
- Add 0.5tsp of your vegetable bouillon to 250ml of boiling water to make your vegetable stock
- Over a medium heat fry the aubergine in 2tbsp of oil for around 5 minutes.
- Add in the celery, red pepper and half of the spring onions and continue to sweat down, you can add a little more oil if needs be.
- Cook down the vegetables until soft and starting to brown slightly, stirring regularly.
- Add the tomato paste and Cajun spice blend to the veg and stir to combine.
- Next add to the mixture the lentils and your vegetable stock and stir & simmer for 8-10 mins on a medium - low heat. The mixture should be moist not dry.
- Add in your rice and fold into the vegetable mixture, leave on a low heat to warm through.
- Squeeze in half the juice of a lemon and stir.
- Garnish the rice with the parsley and a wedge of lemon.