MAPLE & GINGER GLAZED AUBERGINES
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC / 400ºF
- Using a medium-size mixing bowl add the bouillon, sesame oil, soy sauce, maple syrup, ginger and hot water. Mix all the ingredients until they are well combined.
- To prepare the aubergines, cut them in halves lengthwise. Score the inside of the aubergine in squares making diagonal cuts. The cuts need to be deep but keeping the skin untouched.
- Place some baking paper on a baking tray and lay out the aubergines, using a brush, coat the aubergines with the glaze. Leaving some of the glaze for later make sure a good amount is brushed on each aubergine now. Bake in the oven for around 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and brush a little more of the glaze on the aubergines, leaving a final small amount for finishing. Return to the oven for 10 minutes.
- When the aubergines are cooked, take them out of the oven and drizzle the extra glaze on the top, add finely chopped onions and sprinkle some sesame seeds.
- We like to serve ours with brown rice, pickled cucumbers & a sprinkling of chilli flakes.