* Half a fennel bulb should not exceed 100g which will keep the serving size Low FODMAP
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Heat a high lipped frying pan over a medium-high heat and add the garlic infused oil. Then sweat the carrot, fennel, and celery for 5 minutes, stirring regularly. Set the veg aside in a bowl.
- Turn the heat up to high and add in the mince, as it is cooking you will need to remove any excess fat from the pan. Stir and break the meat up for five minutes or until some parts have gone a deep brown.
- Add your chopped potatoes to a pan of cold water and bring to the boil, cook for about 15 mins or until they are soft and mashable. In the meantime, add the spring onions and the cooked veg back into the meat pan and turn the mixture down to a medium-low heat.
- At this point add the soy sauce and stock and stir. In a small bowl add a little cold water to some cornflour and pour over the meat mixture to create a sauce. If your sauce doesn’t thicken enough after a few minutes, then you can repeat this process. Your sauce should be silky and coat all the mixture.
- Once the potatoes are done, drain and mash together with the butter until smooth and velvety, season with a little salt and pepper.
- Stir the herbs through the meat mixture and season to taste, transfer to an oven-proof baking dish and then top with the mashed potato. Cook in the oven for 25 minutes, or until the top is turning golden brown.
- Once cooked, serve with some Low FODMAP green veg of your choosing. We like sautéed kale.