SLOW COOKED STEAK CHILLI
*Ensure the Passatta doesn't contain Onion & Garlic*
- Brown the braising steak in a large sauce pan or dutch oven with 2tbsp of oil, at a medium to high heat. Once browned set aside in a bowl.
- In the same pan add 2tbsp of oil and all the veg with a good pinch of salt and sweat down for 8 minutes on a medium-heat.
- Add the beef mince to the veg and brown, now add the steak and the juices to the pan and stir.
- Add in your Pantori spice blend and stir to coat everything. Pour in the mug of coffee and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the passata and bring to a simmer before putting the lid on, simmer on a low heat for 1.5 hours. Stir occasionally.
- Remove the lid, drain and rinse the chickpeas and add into the chilli. Continue to simmer with the lid off for a further 30 minutes or until the meat is completely falling apart.
- Season to taste and serve with rice.